Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Sanity at last in the Tobacco Wars? Topher Project Ep 471


After hundreds of firebombings, dozens of killings, countless home invasions and carjackings not to mention untold millions of Aussie dollars funneled to terrorists...

... finally after tobacco consumption in Australia started climbing again (if you include the illegal stuff), excise revenue collapsed and the whole justification for the tax evaporated...

... finally 10 YEARS after I warned that the tobacco tax would create a 'Gangsters Paradise'... finally our politicians are catching up.

First One Nation, then the Nationals, now the Liberal Party. All promising to SLASH the excise, and some promising to drop the prohibition on VAPING as well.

Sanity at last?

I talk to Brian Marlow of Legalise Vaping who has campaigned on this issue for longer than I have, to see whether we should be getting excited or not.

Is the war really over?




[Posted at the SpookyWeather2 blog, September 8, 2026.]

No comments:

Post a Comment