Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Senate Urged to Uphold Free Speech and Peaceful Assembly (Malcolm Roberts)


I thank my fellow Senators for their participation in a successful debate on my Motion in defence of free speech and peaceful freedom of association. I’m not sure if some understood how the Government’s "Misinformation and Disinformation Bill" (MAD for short) will limit the right to protest.

As demonstrated during COVID, posts promoting protests were banned and organisers arrested. This Bill would allow the Government to ban posts that promote protests as a threat to public order, which is why my motion mentioned both free speech and the right to protest.

In my speech, I drew attention to the bigger picture – that predatory foreign billionaires have bought Australia, and this Bill prevents us talking about it.

One Nation will continue to fight for human rights and I am pleased to know we will not be alone.




[Posted at the SpookyWeather2 blog, September 18, 2024.]

No comments:

Post a Comment